By tradition, the Mobicents core team and community contributors will meet in person for a week of brainstorming and fun. The location we chose this year is Sochi, Russia - the home of the Winter Olympic Games 2014.
The goal of the week-long gathering is to socialize, catch up on the latest in the Cloud Communications industry, review Mobicents projects progress and set direction for the next 12-18 months.
The event is open to all Mobicents contributors and community members. This is a great opportunity to mingle with the core team and share experience with fellow developers, product managers and entrepreneurs.
The event will be hosted at the picturesque Katerina Hotel:
If you would like to join us, please contact me (ivelin117 at gmail) or any other core team member as soon as possible.
Discounted hotel rooms are limited. Lead time may be required for obtaining a Russian tourist visa, depending on your country of origin. Do not delay. Contact us today!
The work days for the meeting are December 5,6 and 7.
December 4 is arrival day. The closest airport to Sochi is Adler/Sochi (AER).
December 8 is allocated for team building activities and focused group meetings.
December 9 is departure day.
We will allocate all of December 5 for community member presentations. This is a great opportunity for presenters to solicit feedback from fellow experts and influence the project roadmap discussions in the following two days. Let me know if you have something interesting to share in a 20 minute short talk. Example topics:
- Cool Customer Success Story
- Innovative App
- Surviving Production Crisis
- Developing Hurdles
- 3rd Party Product Integration Concerns
- Recommendations for Improvement
- Features Wish List
December 6 and 7 are allocated for core member presentations on:
- Project Development Progress for the past year
- Community Development Progress for the past year
- Planning vs Reality: Matching the 12 month roadmap set a year ago to what actually happened
- Integration Concerns with Other Mobicents Projects
- Integration Concerns with 3rd Party Products
- Cross Project Concerns: Cloud Deployment, Clustering, Management, Auto Scaling
- Setting the Roadmap for the next 12-18 month
Detailed Tentative Agenda:
December 5: Stories from the battle field
- 8am-9:20am: Breakfast, Meet and Greet
- 9:30am-10:20am: Welcome Message, Round Table Introductions
- 10:30am-10:50: Transitioning Mobicents leadership from Red Hat to new company - Ivelin Ivanov
- 11am-11:20am: Twilio Client and Cloud Communications - Jonas Borjesson, Twilio
- 11:30am-11:50am: Open - Battlefield Story
- noon-1pm: lunch
- 1:30pm-1:50pm: Multi Modal Video Conferencing - Nick Semergey and Alex Vinogradov, Avistar - Codeminders
- 2:00pm-2:20pm: Open - Battlefield Story
- 2:30pm-2:50pm: Moho - FOSS Telco Framework for Java Developers - Jason Goecke, Voxeo Labs
- 3:00pm-3:20pm: Mobicents Diameter in MEVEO Open Source Billing - Sébastien Michéa, Manaty
- 3:30pm-3:50pm: Innovation with Mobicents at MTN - Amit Bhayani
- 4:00pm-4:20pm: Open - Battlefield Story
- 4:30pm-4:50pm: Unified Cloud Communications for SMBs - Silvano Girardi Jr, Inphonex
- 5:00pm-5:20pm: Open - Battlefield Story
- 5:30pm-5:50pm: Cool apps for Next Gen Intelligent Networks - Vilius Panevėžys, Elitnet
- 6:00pm-6:20pm: break
- 6:30pm: dinner
December 6: Mobicents Projects: Progress and Roadmap
* 10am-10:50: RestComm - Thomas Quintana
* 11am-11:20: OpenVBX on RestComm - Thomas Q
* 11:30am-11:50: Cloud Management - Thomas Q
* noon-1pm: lunch
* 1:30pm-2:50pm: From SIP Servlets to TelScale - Jean Deruelle
* 3pm-3:50pm: SIP Load Balancing - Vladimir Ralev
* 4pm-4:50pm: Converged LB, TLS, SBC, NAT - Vladimir Ralev
* 5pm-5:50pm: Container independent failover framework - Jean Deruelle
* 6pm-6:20pm: CDI Telco Framework and Aquilian - George Vagenas
December 7: Mobicents Projects: Progress and Roadmap (cont.)
* 10am-10:50: TelScale SNMP and JMX management - Jean Deruelle
* 11am-11:50: QE achievements, infrastructure review, frameworks, roadmap, expansion to community contributed resources - Luis Barreiro
* 1:30pm-2:50pm: Media Server theory, practice, cloud considerations, design discussion, roadmap
* 3pm-3:50pm: JSLEE progress and roadmap - Eduardo Martins
* 4pm-4:50pm: Diameter progress, popular use cases, roadmap - Alexandre Mendonca, Bartosz Baranowski
* 5pm-5:50pm: SS7 progress, popular use cases, roadmap - Amit Bhayani, Sergey, Bartosz
All meetings will take place in room "Tor".
Link to the Google Calendar Public Event:
Looking forward to a great week in Sochi - the Winter Olympics City of 2014.